BACAPH wishes to support students, trainees, practitioners and professionals to deliver high quality child and adolescent public health.
Education and training principles
BACAPH is committed to:
- Developing a workforce that can meet the public health needs of children and young people across the four nations.
- Recognising the added value from multidisciplinary and multi-agency learning, i.e. learning from and with one another.
- Supporting the delivery of high quality education and training in child and adolescent public health
In considering how to achieve these principles we have identified the following issues:
- There is a wide range of trainees, practitioners and professionals who have different curricula, examinations and requirements for continuing professional development
- There is variation in education and training opportunities across and within the four nations
- Some areas of development in child and adolescent public health education and training are more advanced than others
- Currently there are reviews of training curricula that are ongoing for several professional groups
Development of this training web page
We are proposing to develop this section of the website to support the education and training needs of the following groups:
- Paediatric medical trainees
- Public health trainees, with either a medical or a non-medical background
- Practitioners with a nursing background, including children’s nurses, health visitors and school nurses
This will take time and that some sections will progress more quickly than others. If you are interested in education and training for child public health for any of these groups, and would like to get involved in developing this resource, or if you are already active in education and training and would like to share your knowledge, please do get in touch with Dr Rosie Kyeremateng (Executive committee member for Education and Training) or via our contact form.
In the meantime, other parts of our website provide information on events offering opportunities for continuous professional development in child public health, and on child public health e-learning resources.